2. Anvil Electronics is committed to complying with Australian privacy legislation and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
3. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that Anvil Electronics collects includes:
- Contact details
- Financial information
- Information about credit history (for credit customers)
4. In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Anvil Electronics:
- If you contact Anvil Electronics, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order product;
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds;
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list;
- When you place an order on our web-site to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
5. Financial information that is collected via the web site is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
6. At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
7. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance) - that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
8. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Where you have requested a service (e.g. Installation, assembly or hire of a product) and we are required to disclose the information to an Installer in order to facilitate the provision of the service.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
9. You have the option of dealing with Anvil Electronics anonymously. However, this only applies where it is practicable for Anvil Electronics to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general enquiry.
10. As part of Anvil Electronics' functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Anvil Electronics may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about Anvil Electronics' products and services. Generally, we will do so where you have expressed your interest to receive such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by sending an email to Anvil Electronics' Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
11. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Anvil Electronics encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
12. Anvil Electronics places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All personal information held is kept securely and that held electronically is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
13. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
14. Anvil Electronics retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
15. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
16. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, Anvil Electronics cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Anvil Electronics receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
17. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
18. Anvil Electronics is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
19. You may request access to personal information about you held by Anvil Electronics. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to: Anvil Electronics' Privacy Officer, 42 Margaret Street, Mount Gambier SA 5290
20. Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
21. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
22. If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
23. Anvil Electronics will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request, but by no later than 30 days of the request being received.
24. If you have a question or complaint about our Privacy Policies or Anvil Electronics' collection, use or safe disposal or destruction of your personal information, your feedback should be directed in the first instance to Anvil Electronics' Privacy Officer at the contact details set out at clause 19 of this policy.
25. We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within 30 days then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992
Transfer of information overseas
26. Anvil Electronics does not ordinarily disclose personal information to overseas recipients. Personal information will only be disclosed by Anvil Electronics to overseas recipients in accordance with law such as if the disclosure is required by Australian law.
27. Anvil Electronics collects information from the site using "IP files".
28. When you visit the Anvil Electronics site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
31. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the web-site of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au